Friday 3 October 2008

Glimpses of the Old Man,,!!!

May be for the first time I am posting totally randon thought....I wont blame u if u dont read ahead.!

That was like my everyday journey from work to home. Catching bakerloo line train, sitting with mass of people, reading some random book and never bothering who's around. I hardly even notice the stations passes by n I never have idea who's sitting or standing besides me.

It was paddington station I remember ,an old Indian man (gujju looking too) got on the train, n because of the office off hours trafic, he didnt get the seat to sit. And for some heavenly reason I did noticed the Indian looking old man. As he was standing right next to me, I nearly stood up to offer him the seat as I could stand and he can not. As a gesture of saying no to my offering he patted on my cheek, and people arond me got surprised by his action. To people here in England that might be a gesture of harassing someone or may be something else, but I undersood that was a gesture the old man can show to his daughter, grand daughter. He said " no I am alright beta, dont worry about me. This old man can stand." I smiled and got back into my book again.

Few more stations passed by and the train got bit more crowded, I looked again at the old man n he looked at me too with a 100% genuin smile. I said "You sure you don't want the seat? Will you be alright?" He said "How can you read the book in the train with this concentration, I can never do that?" What a random reply!!! n that to filled with pure emotions and a friendliness as if he knows me since my childhood........A few station later a seat further down mine, got empty n he got the place, I don't know from there, which station he got off, where did he go, I think I did look out for him but couldnt' see him anymore......

I felt like i had seen him before, his face looked so familiar, But I bet i never had seen him, thts just how I felt about him. I still remember his face and the 100% genuin smile and the voice. I might never forget that,,or I will forget that, I dont know. One thing is for sure, I liked that old man, I remeberd of my grandpa.


I am little odd, I never look or smile at the stranger. Even if they smile, I frown. But I smiled at that old man,so did he. My smile was not that 100% genuin but his was!!! I might not see him again.....but I guess It was very nice to have Glimpses of the OLD MAN............

4 comments:

kdesai said...

really nice discription ts like i m reading script of any movie scene..nice..carry on...

Dhruvin Dashani said...

And i thought you could only write poems.. ! :) Nice post sis.. !

Angella said...

Its a really great post Hunny

Vijal Brahmbhatt said...

very good post...as I am not dam good & hard core book reader but your this story kept my eyes to get stop on in...speachless....:)